DISKLESS UBUNTU with squashfs?

Mario Spinthiras spinthiras.mario at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:31:03 UTC 2009

You can use the live hooks for the initramfs package you will use to bring
up the initial ram disk. It accepts parameters in the preexecution such as
fetch=http://bla.com/filesystem.squashfs.

I don't have an article handy, but you can do it the same way the gparted
live pxe does it.

The concept is to bring up the initial ramdisk and the kernel, then it
fetches the squash image and loopmounts it.

Hope this helps,
Maz