Hate SATA hard drives

The Eye In The Sky syiwabhairawa at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Aug 31 07:43:37 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> 	Yes! The data socket on a SATA hard drive is a simple printed wiring
> board socket. The plug on the motherboard is a special made plug that is
> not good.

You can make the situation better by buying the SATA Cable with a metal
clip. That metal clip will lock into the motheboard and hard disk
connector, making the connection more secure.

I have 8 SATA disks file server with 2 x 4 SATA port PCI interface and
normal off the shelf enclosure. Before I use the cable without clip,
sometimes I snag on those SATA cables jungle.