Problem system>admin>users and groups

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Sun Aug 30 18:50:07 UTC 2009

firstly, Please reply at the bottom of your email, it makes it easier to
follow the conversation. thanks :)

> On 30/08/2009, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > 2009/8/30 ashwin1711 <ashwin1711 at gmail.com>:
> >> but do you know how do i take back my real id and home in ubuntu

I'm still not entirely sure what you did, but it sounded like you just
deletes your home folder. If this is the case, then only a data recovery
software will get it back for you. First, follow Colin's directions in
his reply, and see if that works for you. If you confirm that your home
folder is indeed missing, then perhaps somebody can help walk you
through using a data recovery software.

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 21:52 +0530, ashwin1711 wrote:
> Thank you for your help.But when I log in with my real name ashwn then
> the black screen comes up and it never go and the whole system stop...

As Colin pointed out in his reply (abbreviated above), log in as
whatever user you can, just to check and see if your home folder
(i.e. /home/<your user name>) is still there. (go to "Places > Computer
> Filesystem > home" and see if there's a folder in there w/ your old
username (the broken one). if the folder IS there, check to see if it's
not empty. report back with your findings)

--
Andrew