Ubuntu 9.04 dual boot on Samsung NC10

Tony Baldwin photodharma at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 15:16:42 UTC 2009

Richard & Barbara Awbery wrote:
> I  have just installed the Netbook remix on my Samsung NC10 Netbook
> which appears to have been successful.  However, when I try to download
> the updates waiting, the update manager advises:
>
>  *'Not Enough Free Disc Space'*
> *The upgrade needs a total of 391m free space on disk '/'.  Please free
> an additional 327m of disc space on '/'. Empty your trash and remove
> temporary packages of former installations using 'sudo apt-get clean*.
>

> Can you advise how to proceed?
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

I would empty the trash, probably look into cleaning up /tmp, and run
apt-get clean.
maybe run ls -hl or ls -s and see where there might be too much junk,
possibly run something like fslint, back up files, and remove then old
documents, duplicate files, sacrifice a goat, get a bigger hard drive,
delete all the photos of my ex, use filelight to graphically see where
disk space is being wasted, remove unneeded programs (like gnome or
kde), say screw it and go play my guitar....
that's about all the comes to mind at the moment.

/tony
--
http://www.baldwinsoftware.com
free/open source software