Playing videos on ubuntu

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 11:27:47 UTC 2009

Sahana Basavapatna wrote:
> Hi,
> I am unable to play any CDs/DVDs on ubuntu. Each time I attempt, I receive a
> message which says 'cannot read the file" or "Could not open location; you
> might not have permission to open the file" or "seek failed" (MPlayer Movie
> Player).
>
> Please help.
>
> Sahana
>

> Sahana Basavapatna
> Coordinator - Burmese Refugee Desk
> The Other Media
> No 31, Nalanda Apartments
> D Block, Vikaspuri
> New Delhi
>
> Ph: +91 11 285 30 431
> Email: refugeedesk at theothermedia.org
> Mobile: +91 99682 96202

	Please get the vlc software with $ sudo apt-get install vlc
and then it will work for personal cd and dvd movies. If you want to
watch movies made by the movie companies you will need to get a library
file.

If you need to set up a viewer to read DVD movies goto:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

73 karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI