Problem system>admin>users and groups

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 11:13:09 UTC 2009

ashwin1711 wrote:
> Dear sir,
> I have got problem with my Ubuntu.I
> was running quiet well but I went in System>admin>users and group
> problem and I make some changes there.
>
> '1)I add New users there to click on add user
> 2)I I wrote real name and username and passwords
> 3)Moved as a Administrator
> 3) went in the groups and delete home from there
> and click on ok after that I open terminal it says in place of my real
> username ashwn deleted and it wrote there I have no name at ashwn-laptop
> and after signout I could not open with my username and password.Now I
> am accessing only with the name of user which I add in last but I
> could not make change in users and group now because it and there is
> no
>
> it says you are not allowed to system administration
>
> please help me

	The problem is not with your Ubuntu. The problem is YOU! NEVER change
what was there in users and groups. If you can remember try and put the
things back in that you deleted.

	If your using 9.04 Ubuntu I can send you a picture of my users and
groups which are not changed.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI