to get ubuntu cds in high quantity

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 29 23:01:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:57:53 +0530
Tejas Bhosale <tejasbhosale89 at gmail.com> uttered these words:

> its very large insti in mumbai.
> so we will need around 1000-1500 cds in janury or before.so please
> explain me the process so that my request will be aproved. It will be
> needed in january.not now.
[snipped]

I am the organiser of the University of Kent Free Software Society here
in the UK, and I've exhausted most methods of getting Ubuntu family
disks in "large numbers" so I start buying blank disks around March and
start duplicating original "live" disks at home.  We get through a few
hundreds of disks given away (yet not in your numbers), but I've never
yet been able to obtain disks in quantity without having to pay for
them.

Isn't Ubuntu Linux great? It says on the disc cover, "You are
encouraged and legally entitled to copy,reinstall,modify, and
redistribute this CD for yourself and your friends."  This certainly
applies to the purpose for which you wish to have duplicates made, at
little or no cost (apart from the disks).

That is what I'd suggest....

--
Graham Todd