MSI: Don't buy our webcam

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 21:37:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 15:05 -0600, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
[snip]
>     Yes I want to add my experience to that of Thomas. I have over the
> years bought Logitech which has NEVER said on the box that it works with
> Linux, ANY Linux, but their stuff always does. My old but good trackball
> from them is an example. It started with Fedora and still works with
> this Ubuntu Jaunty. And I have never needed a "driver".

Same. My mouse, keyboard, webcam w/ mic, joystick, and game pad are all
from logitech. Nowhere, anywhere on their boxes did they say they
supported linux, but even my G15 keyboard w/ all the extra buttons and
screen work great, (after installing g15tools to run the screen/macro
buttons of course).

--
Andrew