Saving On Line Video

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 21:00:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 19:55 +0000, Mark C. Miller wrote:
> I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 and would like to find a program that will save
> video from sites like You Tube and the video clips from MSNBC.

Personally, to save youtube videos I use the command-line tool
youtube-dl. its in the repos and really easy to use. Basically just go
the the youtube vid you want, copy the URL, then pop a terminal
"Applications > Accessories > Terminal" and type:
    youtube-dl -b <ctrl+shift+v to paste in the url> [Return]
Nabs the video in a few short min of the best quality (the -b) there's
more options, but that works well.

as for MSNBC and other places, no idea.

--
Andrew