apt-get

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:24:02 UTC 2009

Someone suggested you to type ”sudo” right before the command itself.
You never replied to that one. Did you ever try it? It should work. I
think someone else misunderstodd the problem a bit and gave you an
unnecessary advice and that might have made you follow the wrong
track, or something like that.

First try the sudo thing, since you got ”Permission denied” when you
tried your command last time, which is expected since you need to be
root (”admin”, ”super-user”) to run these kinds of programs. The
command ”sudo” makes sure you are root temporarily (for the following
command only), which prevents you from doing stupid things, that you
can do if you login as root and forget to logout again.

J.R.