Ubuntu 64bits on PowerEdge 1750

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Fri Aug 28 13:04:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 14:42 +0200, Alexandre Westfahl wrote:
> hum ok I will try.
>
> I only have 2GB for now and will ask my school 8GB more once I'm sure.
> Does PAE works with xen? It's my objectuve to create a virtualization
> server.
>
> Thanks!!

First, please bottom post.  Makes it easier to read and keep up plus
list etiquette kudo.

PAE stands for physical address extension.  which allows for your system
software to see and use RAM beyond 2Gb.  You can do a search in the list
archive for the subject.  Ubuntu server loads the PAE module by default
I believe.  Xen *should* work fine with it as PAE is little more than a
RAM "driver" for the system.

Fred