Sound System Failure - Or Deaf Old Man...

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Fri Aug 28 10:23:56 UTC 2009

Andrew Farris wrote:
>> Joseph wrote:
>>
> [snip]

> what flash plugin are you using? open a firefox window, type in
> 'about:plugins' and scroll down to the section called "Shockwave Flash".
> The flash plugin you're using should be right down there.

Thanks for responding, Andrew,

Here's what I found in there...   there are several that 'seem'
overdone...   that is, more than enough.  Programs fighting for the job???

Anyway, these are what is in there, and the order in which they were found:

*The default plugin*
    File name:  libnullplugin.so
        The default plugin handles plugin data for mimetypes and
extensions that are not specified and facilitates downloading of new
plugins.

*Shockwave Flash*
    File name:  libflashplayer.so
    Version: Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32

*VLC Multimedia Plug-in*
    File name:  libvlcplugin.so
    Version 0.9.9a

*DivX (R)  Web Player*
    File name: libtotem-mully-plugin.so
    DivX Web Player version 1.4.0.233

*QuickTime Plug-in 7.2.0*
    File name: libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
    The Totem <http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/> 2.26.1 plugin
handles video and audio streams.

*VLC Multimedia Plugin* (compatible Totem 2.26.1)
    File name: libtotem-cone-plugin.so
    The Totem <http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/> 2.26.1 plugin
handles video and audio streams.

*Windows Media Player Plug-in 10* (compatable: Totem)
    File name: libtotem-gmp-plugin.so