enquiry of cost of cd

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 09:22:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 14:36 +0530, Manjeet Singh Randhawa wrote:
> Helllo,
>         My name is ManjeetSingh Randhawa and i stay in India,
>         i have requested a free cd at ubuntu website and i came to
> know that it will take 4-6 weeks,
>          but i want to know for a single cd will i'll be charged any
> amount by means of customs or any taxes as per the Indian law,plese
> reply as soon as possible

I don't believe so. I think for the 'free ship cd', all the costs are
eaten by whoever sends out the disk.

If I'm not mistaken, the disks are also usually sent out from
regionally-local groups (such as Linux User Groups/companies/etc.) so
there's a chance the disk won't even come from outside your country.

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me :)

--
Andrew