Auto-VirtualBox!

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 27 19:08:23 UTC 2009

David McNally wrote:

> Right now, the bigger issue is removing the password. There aren't any
> malicious people with physical access to the computer I'm using, so a
> password isn't very important for this. It says it needs to have a
> password that's at least six characters, but I don't need a password for
> this at all.

Which password?  For a GDM login, or for the Windows login?  For GDM, it
should be possible to avoid passwords (KDM certainly permits specified
accounts to be passwordless) but NoOp's suggestion looks even better.  For
Windows XP, you just don't create any users (though there isn't a problem
with having a user without a password - my XP guest has an account [I'm not
sure why] but no password).

I think I'm going to experiment with NoOp's link...
--
derek