Compiz now refuses to show four desktop pictures

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Thu Aug 27 20:30:13 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have been trying to get the Ubuntu Compiz cylindrical desktop to work,
and have been following instructions at

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftombuntu.com%2Findex.php%2F2008%2F07%2F31%2Finstall-three-experimental-compiz-plugins%2F&ei=V-OWSueyJ42oswPg1bnGDA&usg=AFQjCNG_20_7lhvRHp2x8GTKi0x9DJfaCw&sig2=x4Cm7V1IiraYpScYphJq9g>

Which does not seem to be loading now for some reason.

I made sure Compiz was installed from the new updates at

<http://ppa.launchpad.net/compiz/ubuntu>

and attempted installation of the plugins by following the instructions
at the first page above.

I got to this point, where installation failed.

:~$ cd ~/compizplugins/atlantis2
:~/compizplugins/atlantis2$ make
Makefile:48: *** [ERROR] Compiz not installed.  Stop.

Also, after updating to the newer version of Compiz, I no longer have
different pictures on each of my desktops, they are all the same, even
'though I have set up more than enough images in the Cube settings in
Compiz to show one on each desktop.

I made sure the Nautilus settings in gconfig were not changed somehow,
so they are still correct for showing four desktop pictures instead of
the same one on all of them like I have now.

Does anyone know how to correct these problems?

Thanks, Ray Parrish

--
The Future of Technology.
http://www.rayslinks.com/The%20Future%20of%20Technology.html