Auto-VirtualBox!

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 27 18:42:21 UTC 2009

Mike McMullin wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 11:30 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>>
>> It would be a guest OS issue - it looks to me as if XP isn't properly
>> resetting the screen if you don't go through a user login.
>
>   I thought the amount of screen acreage was determined by the host OS
> environment?

To an extent, but when I log into XP, I get an initial small window, and
it's only after logging in that it takes up the full size I've provided for
it on my KDE desktop.  So it seems to me that in the OP's case, by not
logging in, Windows hasn't made whatever request it makes to the hardware to
find out how large its (virtual) screen is.  fwiw, X does the same sort of
thing when I log into KDE.  Until I log in, it's using only one of my
monitors - then it detects there's a second and resets itself to spread my
desktop across the two.
--
derek