On 9.04, can and how do I get my update notification icon, back?

Rick Berger rberger at rogers.com
Thu Aug 27 00:35:03 UTC 2009

The latest version of the update-notifier is installed

Thanks for the suggestion below, I'll try it.

Last night I found out about gconf-editor and set the set the
regular_auto_launch_interval to 0 in app->update-notifier. That seemed
to work with today's update but I just checked the
regular_auto_launch_interval again and its reset back to 7. So I'm not
sure what's going on there. I'll have to wait for a few more updates to
see what will happen.