[ubuntu-users] Double Trouble with GRUB

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Wed Aug 26 13:41:01 UTC 2009

Ted Hilts wrote:

> Hope someone knowledgeable about GRUB can explain this behavior and tell
> me what needs to be changed in GRUB  so that GRUB is doing what it
> should be doing..
>
> Sorry for all the detail but I think it is necessary if someone wants to
> help me on this problem.

Your grub configuration looks good.  I don't know where you're getting
/dev/hda boot error from, but I suspect it's a red herring.  If you can
be more specific about the problem, that would be helpful.

Please provide the output of mount as well as

ls /dev/disk/by-uuid/ -lh
ls /dev/disk/by-id/ -lh

There is one potential trouble spot in your fstab, but I do not believe
it is related to your problem.  I'll have to draw myself a little doodle
of your drives/partitions before I start throwing out instructions and
suggestions.