Update screen not clickable & Pidgin turning off

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:05:27 UTC 2009

Ive only been on 9.04 for two weeks now and I have seen some odd things.
When the update screen pops up, more than half of the time when I click
on the update button, nothing happens. I have to click on cancel and let
it come up again.

And I have also noticed that pidgin just randomly turns off. On six
different mornings I have woke to find it is no longer on my screen. I
was typing yesterday, I shifted my eyes to see the incoming email and
then I noticed the pop of the message screen in the top right hand
corner saying a message had been responded to -- but I couldn't find my
IM to type on.

Im not asking for help with these - more just seeing of others have
experienced this on this version on their machines. Ive noticed these
same two things on both my laptops now too - but I thought it was
possibly - at least the pidgin thing - do to hibernation.

Ill be happy when then next LTS comes out.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Linux since June 2005