GMount Iso

dean deanubuntu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 01:11:06 UTC 2009

Verde Denim wrote:
> Just installed GMount-ISO from the repo's (8.04 LTS) and tried to
> mount an iso and got this -
> "wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0. missing
> codepage or helper program, or other error."
>
> looking in dmesg, I see this -
>
> ISOFS: Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
>
> Any input as to why this occurred?
>
> Regards
>
> Jack
Hi Verde,

I've had this problem as well.. I think it is due to how the ISO was
extracted and I personally haven't figured a way around this other than
burning the iso to a disc and then making a new iso file.  If anyone can
answer this I'd love to find out the reason why.  I have also tried
using AcetoneISO to resolve this issue but it does the same thing also.

/Dean\