nxclient -- window size and authorization for screen shadowing/sharing.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Aug 23 21:35:42 UTC 2009

I just installed the freenx server on my laptop and downloaded the nxclient
deb from the nomachine web site.  Three questions:

First, when I connect to the laptop from my desktop client I get a list of
two X sessions.  Neither show a username.  I'm not clear on what the two
different sessions are.

Second, in screen shadow mode (screen sharing) I see a message saying that
it is authorizing (this is after the ssh connection is done).  I assumed
that the screen I'm sharing (the laptop in this case) would display some
kind of pop-up saying that someone was trying to share the screen.  But I do
not see this and instead the screen is automatically shared.  Is that
because I'm ssh'ing in as the user running the X session?

Thrid, the rendering is pretty poor on the client.  I can resize the client
window and with a few tries get it to looks pretty good.  Is there a way to
make it display at the laptop's resolution so that it's not distorted.  What
I'd like is to have it display at the same resolution on my client's display
and then show scroll bars if it does not fit the screen.  This is how the
VNC Remote Desktop Viewer works.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley