puppy linux

John Heinen hensandpat at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 23 21:35:07 UTC 2009

Goh Lip wrote:
> John Heinen wrote:
>
>> I am running puppy Linux on and off the cd, got connected with the phone
>> line but have to enter the specs from/for the provider,I forget how!
>> I know this is not the page for puppy, but I have a hard time with their
>> password input, seems that they are moving
>> Appreciate the help,     sudo. !  Thanks John
>>

> If you are using ethernet cable connection, you don't need to enter
> anything, however if you are connecting through a 56k modem, which I
> don't use, you need to modify and set up through one of those thingy at
> the desktop, and if you are using cd, it won't stick and will need to do
> this everytime you start up puppy. May I suggest you move the puppy to a
> usb stick, any old 256 MB will do, all updates, like from sea monkey to
> FF, bookmarks, mail etc will stick too.
>
> Have not used puppy for a long time, started with DSL, (64 MB usb1), and
> very useful for travelling to far away places without bring labtop,
> those days they were heavy and expensive. But the Karmic Netbook on a
> usb is impressive, I tested it for kicks, though I use the Kubuntu
> version. You may want to try it. You need at least 4 MB stick though.
>
> Regards,
> Goh Lip

Thank you Goh, Now we could have two topics, but let me reply to the
phoone connection first and the next topic possible a new tread.
I have puppy running just fine even the phopne line is buzzing but it
has no details yet for the internet provider, I cant find a terminal on
the menu to type sudo pppconfig? John