Help with 3G

Doug Saylor slowertraffickeepright at mail.com
Sun Aug 23 02:35:59 UTC 2009

I've got an Acer Aspire One with AT&T 3G. I ASPIRE to not use Windows as much as possible! I finding more reasons to like Ubuntu everyday, but this one sucks. KPPP isn't easy to work with... I can't even delete settings I've tried without locking up. Querying the modem never works. I've updated drivers as recommended here: http://sierrawireless.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/500 but the rest isn't working. This web site seems interesting: http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/09/14/how-to-use-a-cingular-sierra-wireless-875-card-on-ubuntu-gutsy/ but is working with an older ver of Ubuntu AND I don't understand what is going on, specificity "ctrl-O" (nothing seems to stick). Any help would be great!

PS anyone in the Tampa Bay area? I want to start making some Linux friends in real life too! I'm L-O-V-I-N-G this stuff!!

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses