Computer problem

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:25:23 UTC 2009

Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 00:33 -0600, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>     I am really upset with ReStockIt.com. They let me order the cpu with
>> no problem at all. But just now I decided to track the order. That said
>> "stocking order". I went to my checkout and NOW it says "out of stock".
>>
>>     This darn cpu chip is un-available!!!
>>

> I've never heard of ReStockIt... however, my first impression isn't
> positive, unfortunately.  They've mis-quoted the speed of that processor
> you're getting. It's actually a 2.7ghz, they reported at 2.6. Not THAT
> big of a deal, but you know what they say.... first impressions and all.
>
> for all my computer-part needs, I've always shop tigerdirect.com or
> newegg.com....Now i usually only use newegg though because their prices
> are usually cheaper, and I like their site's organization a lot better.
>
> In fact...though newegg is also out of the processor you're
> ordering...it's listed as $6 cheaper:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103240
>
> Just sayin' :)

    Some good news, now that I am finiky. I told restockit to cancel my
order and they said they can't get any more. So they were happy to
cancel my order.

    Then I went looking and the new Circuit City web page said they have
the AMD Athelon 64 LE-1640 cpu chips so tried to order on their web page
but it is broken, can't enter your credit card number :-)

    So I called them and they said yes the web page is busted, and yes
he checked and they have on hand 400 of these cpu chips in stock! He
said they are selling fast. I ordered mine and it will be delivered
middle of next week. The cost is around $46.00 with shipping.

    I sure hope nothing goes wrong with this order!

Karl