Manipulating the Favourites Folder in UNR

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:12:41 UTC 2009

Hi All

I'm running UNR 9.04 on my netbook.  I recently added a couple of
applications to the 'favourites' tab, and they promptly got marked
with the 'New' flag.
I'm sure the devs thought that was a 'feature' but after a week or so
I'm finding it just a little tiresome....  I want to get rid of the
'new' flag.

I've found ~/.local/share/applications which seems to have all the
.desktop files that are additions to the UNR standard entries, and
those desktop files have 'Category' lines that indicate where they end
up.  They don't have the 'new' flag attached to them though, at least
any way I can see.

Suggestions?

Brian
--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false