help please!

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 18 04:47:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 20:40 -0700, Jerrod G wrote:
> hello all, I need help with something very serious. okay, well when i
> start up ubuntu the boot splash works fine and all, but after that a
> distorted tiley glitchy static image appears and just stays there. i
> cant boot into a gui the only thing i can do is go into recovery mode,
> and when i scan the partition it says root is damaged. any
> suggestions? thanks :)

Please relay the following information:
      * What version of Ubuntu are you using
      * What graphics card do you have
      * When (if ever) was the last time the GUI worked?
      * When in recovery mode, have you tried dropping to a root shell,
        and running 'fsck'?

Lets help you get this fixed, shall we? :)

--
Andrew