HTML Posting

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Aug 18 02:47:24 UTC 2009

On Saturday 04 July 2009 4:05:54 am Mark C. Miller wrote:
> I notice that when I get replies to messages, the text of my message is
> quoted as HTML text.  I know that HTML is a no-no, but I can't find any
> place in my newsreader (Pan) to choose text (either HTML or plain text).
>
> Can someone confirm for me that my posts include HTML?

Since I got your message it does NOT have HTML or my my K-mail would have
moved it to it's right place, the trash< and I would never have seen it.

> One alternative
> that I have thought of is that the newsreader in someway is linked to the
> preferences of my mail program (Evolution).  Another possibility I can
> think of is that the person replying is sending in HTML, and my text is
> being "converted" by their mailer.

A more likely explanation and since I did not see the replies,  ...ah well,
people who post html never have anything intelligent to say anyway.  They
just like to use 3 meg of bandwidth to send their two lines of nonsense is
all.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403