KDE 4.3 PPA Install In Jaunty-Dependencies Issues

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 16 06:51:19 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 8/16/09, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> From: Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net>
> Subject: Re: KDE 4.3 PPA Install In Jaunty-Dependencies Issues
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:59 AM
> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > Also the kbd
> > keys have to be held donw for an unusual long time and
> some keys just
> > skip leaving a blank space. However, this was
> occurring before kde
> > 4.3 install. That had occurred before and was fixed
> but forgot how.
> > The key entry bothers me more than anything due to the
> time it took
> > me to compose this email. Any suggestions welcome.
>
> When I just wanted to skip your mail because I can't help
> you with your
> PPA problem, I saw this OT question inserted - it would
> have been wise
> to start an extra thread about it or at least mention it in
> the subject,
> given that you wrote "The key entry bothers me more than
> anything".
>
> Anyway, your keyboard problem seems to be accessibility
> related. Go to
> "K-menu" -> "systemsettings" -> "Accessibility". In
> the "Modifier Keys"
> tab uncheck "use sticky keys", at the "Keyboard filters"
> tab uncheck
> "Use slow keys" and at the "Activation Gestures" tab
> uncheck "Use
> gestures for activating sticky keys and slow keys".

Thanks Nils, your info solved the slow key issue for me.
I did try "system settings" before but didn't try the Accessibility settings.  Strange that all those were set the way they were as I don't remember doing it.
Now if anyone has any info on the kde 4.3 ppa issue, I'll be grateful.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net