Best cheap laptop for linux?

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 20:21:33 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I have been doing a little sniffing around on the Linuxbased-PC-market,
>> and have noticed an obsticle which complicates the selling of pre-
>> installed linuxPCs.
>>
>> People using Windows just take what ever thrown to them by Microsoft,
>> but Linux users don't just take any Linuxclone to their hart. Linux-
>> people usualy have a purpose when they choose their OS. Some want Red
>> Hat, some Suse, some Knoppix and some Ubuntu-this or Ubuntu-that. This
>> makes it very difficult to industrialize an unifyed standard pre-
>> installation routine, which produce CASH on the bottom line. Thats why
>> they don't.
>>

> Great, so let's just buy our laptops with whatever Microsoft throws at
> us rather than ask for Linux - any Linux - instead.

    I think the solution is to ask the manufacturer to either sell the
computer with no operating system, or the latest Microsoft product. And
the cost of the package should be right for with or without the Windows,
ie: $130.00 about less without.

    This gives the buyer an idea what they are paying for.

Karl