12 of 6 updates are security updates

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 23:50:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 23:13 +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 22:19 +0200, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> > > I just saw this on an i686 Jaunty box:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > https://landscape.canonical.com/

> > > Has anyone seen something similar (and has an explanation)?
>
> Explanation for what?
>
> > > There really are 6 updates available (2 x flash, 4 x XML) which are
> > > indeed security updates.
> >
> > never have seen it... must be a bug?
>
> Why? Anything you haven't seen before is a bug? More seriously: That is
> what you see when you login via SSH - doesn't look like a bug to me.

SSH or a local Terminal...regardless, it's saying there's 6 updates, and
12 of the updates (out of the total of 6) are security updates... this
is just wrong. 6 packages = 100% of possible updates... the message
stated that 200% of the updates were security updates. The message
should have read:
   6 packages can be updated.
   6 updates are security updates.
i.e. 100% of the updates were security updates.

I think it's safe to assume this is a bug :)

--
Andrew