which file in /home affects xorg.conf?

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Wed Aug 12 23:37:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 18:11 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
> Yea, I tried that. It only shows the resolution that I have now.
>
> I also ran the xorg configuration: sodu dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
> but it didnt change anything.

If you want to know which files are modified by a GUI, here's
a neat little CLI trick:

% touch stamp               # this creates a mark you'll use l8er

Do sth with the GUI that guarantees a yet unknown file is written.

% find ~ -newer stamp | xargs file

There will be some noise in the result because of some daemons running
concurrently, that's why I look for the file type.  Use common sense
to find out which file your GUI changed.

Regs
  Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de