karl's sig bug in evolution on hardy?

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed Aug 12 18:55:32 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 11:21:26 am Andrew Farris wrote:
> >     Why don't you all use Thunderbird which has none of those problems?
>
> Personally, I hate Thunderbird...but thats just my opinion.

I don't exactly "hate" Thunderbird, it just doesn't work efficiently.

> Additionally, I still have yet to encounter this alleged 'bug' in
> Evolution, as all the mail is appearing to me exactly as I'd expect it
> to.

It likely is not a bug in Evolution although I don't use it either.  It is
more likely that the originating Thunderbird program doesn't properly put the
signature separator in and it is usually not Thunderbird's fault but operator
error.  The user removes or edits the separator for some reason and then puts
it back.  The problem is that the separator is two dashes and a space but the
user who never saw the space in the first place only puts back the two
dashes.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403