no sound from speakers but from usb headphone

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:45:11 UTC 2009

Thus spake Haneef Bashir:
> ALSA PCM on front:1 (USB Audio) via DMA
> ALSA PCM on front:0 (ALC883 Analog) via DMA
> RTP Multicast Sink
> Simultaneous output to ALSA PCM on front:1 (USB Audio) via DMA, ALSA

Hmm. Well, I'm kinda at a loss at this point. The second option seems to
be where your speakers are, but it doesn't play through pulse. But
mplayer, which is using alsa to send sound directly to your speakers is
working. In your Pulseaudio volume control, check the volume for

ALSA PCM on front:0 (ALC883 Analog) via DMA

Be sure it's not muted or 0. Perhaps someone else has other ideas as well.

Kyle

--
 Jesus you're my life.
I live only to serve You