boot takes very long - about 25 secs

Amedee @ Ubuntu amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Sun Aug 9 10:51:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, August 9, 2009 05:49, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 01:32 -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
>> Hi I am looking for suggestions on faster boot.
>
> Why do you care?  I'm rebooting only when upgrading mandates,
> boot time is negligible for me.

For me personally, boot times matter for netbooks, or more precisely:
anything based on the Intel Atom processor.
And if you ever want a Linux that will be used in the automotive industry,
you'd better have boot times of 2 seconds or less.

Canonical aims to have an Ubuntu that boots in 10 seconds by 10.4.
If you don't agree, send your complaints to Canonical. And read this:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2009-June/028308.html

And I wouldn't be surprised if the announced Google Chrome OS will have
similar boot times.

>> Here is the my bootchart png attached
>
> Next time please put this on pastebin and post the URL.

I didn't know you could a png on pastebin. I thought it was only for text.

--
Amedee