Cannot access /dev/sdb1

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Sat Aug 8 10:59:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 13:38 +0300, ahartman wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I fornatted sdb1 as EXT3 but i can't access it with filemanager.
>
> Gparted says: it has 388.07 MiB used content, a 'boot' flag (whatever
> that is).  DiskLabelType: msdos,  Path: /dev/sdb

Did you cut & paste this or did you type it in? To me this reads Disk
/dev/sdb has an msdos partition table and all space is allocated to
some partition.  It doesn't tell anything about /dev/sdb1 (the first
partition on /dev/sdb).

Regs
  Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de