Mouse features?

Roy Smith rasmith1959 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 23:55:22 UTC 2009

Steve wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:27:32 +0100, Roy Smith <rasmith1959 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
>>
>>> 08/07/2009 09:38 AM, Roy Smith:

>>> Yes, each program has it's way to interpret mouse events.
>>> all you will have to do is configuring, not writting "your
>>> own program".
>>>

>> Ok, so if writing my own program isn't necessary, then please tell me
>> how I can get Thunderbird to advance to the next unread message when I
>> click the left side button of the mouse...and mark a thread as read when
>> I click the right side button.  In the intellipoint software I could
>> enable customizations for specific programs.  So what I did there was
>> enabled it for TBird and set the left button to simulate pressing the
>> 'n' key on the keyboard, and the right button to simulate pressing the
>> 't' key.  I've been through the menus of Thunderbird many times and I
>> still have yet to find a place where I can specify the keyboard
>> shortcuts for the program, and that goes for both Linux or Windows
>> versions...
>>

> Does this
> http://sillent.blogspot.com/2006/12/mouse-microsoft-intellimouse-explorer.html
> offer any inspiration?

Aha!!!  Now that looks promising, just wish I knew whatever language
that was in (Spanish maybe?) so I could understand exactly what was
written.  So now let's see how badly I can screw up my /etc/xorg.conf
file.  ;-)

--

Roy Smith                    Yahoo - rasmith1959
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope   ICQ - 265622
Registered Linux User #488144  MSN - rasmith1959 at live.com
Registered Ubuntu User #26841  AIM - rasmith1959 at yahoo.com