How do you change the default opening application?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Aug 7 12:29:37 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:

> I installed gnochm, right clicked a .chm file, followed the instructions
> previously given (Properties|Open With) and gnochm popped right in as a
> possible viewer. Selected that 'CHM Viewer' and opened the .chm file
> without issues. I've always been curious on how to do this on Windows...
> come to find out that linux has an excellent application to do this :-)

"Linux" doesn't (or rather, there's underlying support but the application
that lets you maintain that is desktop dependent).  But really it's not much
different on Windows.  The only difference being that on Windows it's
entirely dependent on file extensions, whereas Linux distros can use both
content and extension.
--
derek