Best OGG Converter

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Aug 6 19:10:57 UTC 2009

Allen Prunty wrote:

> Andrew Farris wrote:
>> I use 'Sound Converter' for all my audio-converting needs. It converts
>> from/to a ton of formats, with customizable sound quality/format. Its
>> simple, straightforward, and available in Add/Remove.  Try it out.
>>
> There are two different ones a Sound Converter and a Sound Konverter...
> which of the two is the better of them?

Like Andrew, I use Sound Convertor -- even when I was using KDE -- it
does a great job.

> Also I have an iPod ... love it, and am converting mostly to .mp3 which
> does not sound as good as my .m4a files.  I've not been able to convert
> to a good .mp3... I am using the Sound Konverter and it makes files that
> won't even play.

mp3 is a horrible codec, imo, so you're no alone.

> I would love to know if there is a .mp3 player out there that plays OGG
> files natively.

An ogg-player? Sure, I've used an iRiver for a few years now. It's the
size of my thumb and is a superb ogg-player -- it also records through
its own mic and has an inbuilt radio! It runs on a single AAA battery.
Who needs a HUGE great iPod?

--
Best,
Marc