Mouse features?

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Thu Aug 6 15:35:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 09:37:39AM -0500, Roy Smith wrote:
> Hi!  I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical that I've been using for
> years on Windows, and now that I've switched over to Ubuntu I'd like
> to use the same mouse that I've grown accustomed to.  Right now the
> mouse works just fine as far as the basic features go, but I'd like to
> be able to use the two side buttons as well.  Is there a mouse driver
> for Linux that will enable the full use of this mouse?

Usually mice with extra buttons Just Work.

You could check by running 'xev' in a terminal and seeing if you get
events when you press those extra buttons while the mouse is over the
xev window.

Marius Gedminas
--
If you are angry with someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes... then
you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes.