fail2ban isn't banning

Amedee @ Ubuntu amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Wed Aug 5 13:20:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, August 5, 2009 13:59, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> 08/05/2009 02:15 PM, Amedee @ Ubuntu:
>>> I installed fail2ban. [...]
>> Sorry people but it still isn't working. Even a reboot didn't help. :-D
>> If this is not the right place to ask, please say so.
>
> I would suggest:

I changed the backend from polling to auto. It seems to work now. IP
addresses are added to the shorewall dynamic chain.
According to the log, auto makes it use gamin, and gamin is installed.

I found that solution in the most recent message on the fail2ban-users
list archive. I didn't even have to subscribe.

I want to share this in case anyone else has issues with fail2ban.

--
Amedee