question about /home on separate drive

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 00:48:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Wade Smart<wadesmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two drives: 500gb sata and a 250gb ide drive.
> My 250 ide has my old /home directory on it.
> My new 500gb sata drive has my new 9.04 setup.
> I created a simple 10gb /home on the new setup until I could get the
> old one up and running.
>
> My question is: my new setup is all ext4 and my one one ext3.
> Is that going to cause problems?

Nope - mix and match to your hearts content.  Lots of people use a
different file system for only part of their system - e.g. LVM + XFS
for their video archive, or what have you.

Brian
--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false