Using USB flash as swap space.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Aug 4 19:17:52 UTC 2009

There are a lot of USB2 ports around that have a 13-MHZ bit rate
which is just slightly faster than 10-Meg Ethernet. You'd sure
notice that if your system was swapping against a port running
at that speed. I guess the newer USB ports would be much better
but I do not own any Linux computers that are new enough. They
do just fine when one is transfering a few small files, such as
a couple of mp3's, but it doesn't take much to begin to notice
the delay when reading or writing several tens of megabytes or
more.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer