resize partition...

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Tue Aug 4 15:21:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 10:54 -0400, Gonzalo Rojas wrote:
> Hi:
>
>    I am a new user of Ubuntu, and I need to resize the /usr/local
> partition to install more software that I want to use... How can I do it?...
>
>    Sincerely,
>

> Gonzalo Rojas Costa

Open a terminal

	Applications->Accessories->Terminal

and enter the following command:

	sudo apt-get install gparted

enter your user password.  Once the process ends then go to:

	System->Administration->Parted

This GUI partition editor is fairly straight forward and you should be
able to expand your partition.  Back up your data just in case.

--
Fred R.
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like Linux - simple; if you are fighting it, you are doing
something wrong."