Web to Install Programs ?

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Sun Aug 2 15:37:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, August 2, 2009 16:47, Edwin McGuire wrote:
> I dont have email without internet,I have email without the Web, LOL

Assuming that you with the word web means that TCP port 80 is blocked for
outgoing, your scenario is possible (email but no web browsing).  I assume
you are in a company where they have the policy that one should not have
fun on Youtube!
I think it will be problematic with no access to port 80, but as others
have said, you can always feed the system with .deb packages from CDs.

> But ubuntu still says it needs an internet connection to continue.

                           Carl Friis-Hansen
                           http://carl-fh.com/
                           Phone: +46 372 15033