connecting to router

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Sat Aug 1 04:32:47 UTC 2009

Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> So I am visiting family.  There's a router in the house.  9.04 (remix)
> won't connect to that router but will connect to two of the neighbors,
> though the signals are much weaker.  All 3 networks are unsecured so
> not a password issue.
>
> I ran across this one other time, at a Burger King, where I could not
> connect.  i went to a Panera's across the street, no problem.
>
> What can I do?
>
> thanks
>
> gary
Check to see if they have locked out all but their own MAC addresses.
Our kids do that so that even when they give you their WPA2 password,
they must also register the MAC address of this laptop for example. Just
extra security.

YMMV

JIm

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............