Logitech: We don't have any mouse that works with Ubuntu

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Apr 30 23:51:23 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Being the jerk that I am I decided to call Logitech to ask if their VX
> Nano mouse works with Ubuntu Linux, as the webpage says only Windows
> Vista:
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3271&cl=US,EN
>
> The rep told me that the mouse might work, but there are no drivers. I
> ask him if "might work" means that I should buy the mouse or not, and
> he said don't buy it. I asked if Logitech has any mice that work with
> Ubuntu Linux, and said "unfortunately not".

One has to wonder how much business he's lost the company over the term of
his employment.  I have no idea if the VX Nano works, but _of course_ most
Logitech mice _do_ work with Linux.  But I get your point - it's not even so
much whether or not the mouse works in Linux, as the fact that the company's
representatives care so little about Linux that they aren't even aware that
_some_ of their products work just fine.