Adesso USB device

Keith Clark keithclark at k-wbookworm.com
Thu Apr 30 23:38:53 UTC 2009

I have an Adesso USB barcode LED scanner that is supposed to be plug and
play.  Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10 and 9.04 on three different computers will not
work properly with it.  I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this problem.

I went to the manufacturer and they say they have it working on their
one Ubuntu 8.10 computer that they have.  They also stated they will not
offer any further support as there are too many versions of Linux to
support (yeah, whatever).

Any help solving this one would be appreciated.

Keith