recording sound and saving in/ exporting to MP3

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 16:25:57 UTC 2009

I am wanting to install win32codecs, files for MP3 etc. et al., with an
initial view to being able to chose MP3 as my filetype in Gnome Sound
Recorder.  So I found instructions on the net and tried to add the Medibuntu
repositories to my sources list.

I now have a Medibuntu entry in sources.list.d, but nothing in sources.list
and Synaptic does not seem to be using it.

I am new to Ubuntu and Gnome, tho' not to Linux, and a recording and mixing
n00b and ignoramus.

All advice in sorting this out gratefully received, and by all means ask me if
I have plugged it in!!  Or tell me to RTFM. ;-(  But if you say the second,
could you tell me where to find the FM??

TIA
Lisi