graphics card configuration.

Frank McCormick fmccormick at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 30 15:02:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:28:58 +0200
Wybo Dekker <wybo at servalys.nl> wrote:

> (just moved from SuSE-11.0  to Unbuntu 9.04)
>
> My card is an integrated Intel 865G, my monitor a Medion MD7212AZ
> After sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg I get a minimal
> xorg.conf:
>
> Section "Device"
>          Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>          Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>          Identifier      "Default Screen"
>          Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
>          Device          "Configured Video Device"
> EndSection

   I **think** this is bad form...but below you will find my
xorg.conf file. I run the same graphics card...but on Ubuntu Intrepid
and I have few complaints about performance.
Be careful.....some of the lines have wrapped on my screen.
I run an LG LCD monitor.

# xorg.conf (xorg X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration
# tool, using values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades
# *only* if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the
# xserver-xorg package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically
# updated again, run the following command:
#   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"kbd"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
EndSection

Section "Module"

Load "glx"
Load "dri"
Load "dbe"

EndSection

Section "DRI"

Mode 0666

EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated
Graphics Controller" Driver		"intel"
	BusID		"PCI:0:2:0"
        Option "Dri"    "True"
	#Option "Legacy3D" "True"
        Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
        Option   "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"   "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"L206W"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync	30-83
	VertRefresh	56-75
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
          Option   "Composite"   "Enable"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated
Graphics Controller" Monitor		"L206W"
        Option          "accel"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Modes		"1680x1050" "1280x1024"
"1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"Default Layout"
	Screen		"Default Screen"