graphics card configuration.

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Apr 30 13:39:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:28:58 +0200
Wybo Dekker <wybo at servalys.nl> wrote:

> (just moved from SuSE-11.0  to Unbuntu 9.04)
>
> My card is an integrated Intel 865G, my monitor a Medion MD7212AZ
> After sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg I get a minimal
> xorg.conf:
>
> Section "Device"
>          Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>          Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>          Identifier      "Default Screen"
>          Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
>          Device          "Configured Video Device"
> EndSection
>
> So I suppose my hardware is'nt recognized, and it is quite slow
> indeed. I tried to replace xorg.conf with SuSE-11.0's version, but
> that did not help.
> Is there a tool to help with the configuration?

The minimal xorg.conf is normal. Since Ubuntu uses automatic detection
and configuration for the video settings, xorg.conf is no longer used
unless the user specifically sets it up.

Intel graphics does have issues, as indicated in the release notes at
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/904

Good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz